Real Estate Selling Tips
Here are a few simple yet highly effective tips to increase the chances of selling your Melbourne property.
First impressions are critical when a potential buyer inspects your house or apartment. So if you’re selling your home or apartment, here are some presentation tips to help bring it up to “show” condition.
- Clean out clutter. An uncluttered home looks more spacious and easier to maintain, both vital selling points. You might even consider renting storage space whilst your house is on the market
- Look after any maintenance issues, for example leaking taps or loose knobs and handles
- Make arrangements for pets to be elsewhere during open for inspections
- Fill the house with light. To make rooms feel bigger, open the curtains and blinds to let the sun and the view inside
- Your home should be clean and tidy at inspection times. Ovens, tiles and showers should sparkle
- Make the place look enticing with fresh flowers or indoor plants – you would be surprised at what they can add to a room
- Have your carpets professionally steam cleaned
- Keep kitchen benchtops clean and clear of clutter
- Paint marked or dirty walls using neutral colours
- Repair any damaged plaster or tiles. If the tiles in your bathroom and kitchen are looking old, new grout can make them seem brand new
- Ensure that windows are sparkling clean
- Make your home smell beautiful. Fresh air is good in summer or spring. Alternatively, you might brew coffee, use an oil burner, potpourri or bake biscuits prior to your open for inspection
- Put out fresh towels, tea towels, table cloths, etc
- Switch off the television and radio, although soft, soothing music may be suitable
- Make sure your home is a comfortable temperature
- If you are currently thinking about selling your home but are not sure what you need to do to get it ready, contact us today. We would be happy to inspect your property and provide some suggestions to improve its value, as well as the selling price you may achieve in today’s market.
Get your FREE property appraisal with MICM property Today.